Information to keep you informed
Acceptable Use Policy
You may use your account for communications, research, public relations, education, and entertainment. This statement describes certain uses which are consistent with the purposes of the Internet. It is not intended to exhaustively list all such possible uses or abuses. We expect our subscribers to respect the culture and civility of communications and discourse on or through the Internet. We expect our subscribers to maintain respect for privacy, legal issues, and courtesy to other Internet users and network resources.
We also strongly suggest to all of our subscribers a routine maintenance schedule that includes frequent anti-virus updates and operating system patches. Internet users regardless of the platform are vulnerable to viruses and other types of malicious code and exploits. Any account may be suspended immediately upon receipt of an abuse complaint regarding Spam (unsolicited commercial E-mail) or the sending of E-mail which contains virus or other malicious code. An account may also be suspended immediately for Internet Worm, Trojan, or Back Door activity even though the person in question has no knowledge of the infection being present.
The ultimate responsibility for maintaining the security of your computer or local network is yours.
These drastic measures are necessary to protect our network integrity and prevent the spread of these malicious programs to other users.
We expect you to:
- Obey all federal and state law regarding your use of the Internet and information obtained or transmitted through the Internet
- Respect the ownership of information including copyright and license agreements **
- Be courteous in your use of the Internet and network resources
- Respect the opinions of others and their right to voice those opinions
- Respect the culture and civility of communication and discourse on or through the Internet
Our services may enable you to access Content that is protected by copyrights, trademarks, intellectual property rights, and other proprietary rights (“Rights”) of independent third parties who make such Content available on the Internet. As a subscriber, you agree not to upload, post or transmit Content that is subject to another party’s Rights without the other party’s express permission. Such uploading, posting or transmitting may result in termination of your account and possible civil or criminal liability. If you believe your work has been unlawfully copied and is accessible via our services, you may provide notice be email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 309.944.2103. The notice must include: (1) an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner; (2) a description of the copyrighted work that has allegedly been infringed, including the location (i.e. web site address) of such copyrighted work; (3) A description of the allegedly infringing material and the location (i.e. web address) of such material; (4) your address, telephone number and e-mail address; (5) a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that use of the material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and (6) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the information in your notice is accurate and that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
Infringement claims submitted via E-Mail should be directed email@example.com.
If you receive a notice from us stating that we have received notice that you allegedly engaged in copyright infringement, you may submit a written counter notice to us at Geneseo Communications, 111 E. First Street, Geneseo, IL 61254. This counter notice must contain: (1) your physical or electronic signature; (2) identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled; (3) a statement under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled due to a mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled; and (4) your name, address and telephone number along with a statement that you consent to jurisdiction in the Federal District Court of the judicial district in which your physical address is located and that you will accept service of process from either the person who provided the notice of claimed infringement to us or an agent of that person.
You may not use your account:
- For any purpose which violates US federal or state laws
- To interfere with or disrupt network users, services or equipment including distributing unsolicited advertising, propagating computer worms or viruses, and using the network to make unauthorized entry to other computational, information, or communications devices or resources
- To transmit threatening, obscene, or harassing materials
NETWORK INTEGRITY OR EFFICIENCY
You may not use your account:
- In a manner that precludes or significantly hampers its use by others
- To send messages likely to result in the loss of recipients’ work or systems
- To send or respond to “chain letters”
- To broadcast message to lists or individuals that have not explicitly expressed an interest in such messages, particularly where such use causes congestion of the networks or otherwise interferes with the work of others
- To intentionally develop programs that harass other users or infiltrate a computer or computing system and/or damage or alter the software components of a computer or computing system
You must be courteous in your use of the Internet. Please:
- Respect the privacy of other users; for example, you should not intentionally seek information on, obtain copies of, or modify files, other data, or passwords belonging to other users, or represent yourself as another user unless explicitly authorized to do so by that user.
- Respect the legal protection provided by copyright and license to programs and data.
- Use the Internet in ways consistent with ethical guidelines and accepted community standards; malicious use is not acceptable.
- Follow the Acceptable Use Policies of any networks you may use as an FTP or Telnet site.
- Be aware that many networks are production or communications networks that many people rely on for business, education, or communications; uses that significantly interfere with the ability of others to make effective use of the network are not acceptable.
- Assume that information and resources are private to the individuals and organizations which own or hold rights to those resources and information unless specifically stated otherwise by the owners or holders of rights; it is not acceptable to use your account to access information or resources unless permission to do so has been granted by the owners or holders of rights to those resources or information.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We only collect information required to bill your account, information required to provide you service, and information required to monitor the performance of our systems. From time to time, we may use your information to inform you of new products, service changes and other information related to service offered by us. We do not disclose any of your personally identifiable information such as but not limited to email name, email messages, billing address or usage information to any third parties except as required to provide you service or by legal or law enforcement directives.
Many networks, sponsored by government or educational institutions, still have stringent restrictions on commercial use. While the opportunities for commercial use are extremely attractive, there are accepted methods of accomplishing commercial objectives. Other Internet users must seek out or ask for the information. You must appropriately market, advertise, or circulate public relations for your products or services; for example, you may create a World Wide Web site to advertise products or services and give support or ordering instructions, or you may start a news group to open a forum for discussion. Other Internet users may then choose to view your Web pages or participate in discussions. Unsolicited advertising is not acceptable. Advertising is permitted on some mailing lists and news groups if they explicitly allow advertising.
Failure to abide by the terms of this Acceptable Use Policy may result in termination of your service at our sole discretion. If we terminate your service for failure to abide by the terms of our Acceptable Use Policy, you will not receive any refund of any payments made to us as of the date of termination.
Terms and Conditions
- Access to the Internet or other applicable data networks is non-transferable. Use of Geneseo Communications Internet Access is expressly limited to Customer and Customer’s immediate family or direct employees. The sharing or resale of Internet/Data access is strictly prohibited and shall be cause for immediate termination of service.
- Customer is responsible for all equipment and software necessary to connect to Geneseo Communications Internet Services.
- Customer agrees to use the service in a manner consistent with any and all applicable laws.
- Use of Geneseo Communications Internet Services for unsolicited advertising is prohibited.
- Customer is responsible for all use of account(s) and confidentiality of password(s). Geneseo Communications Internet Services will suspend access or change access to Customer’s Account(s) immediately upon notification by Customer that a password has been lost, stolen or otherwise compromised.
- Customer’s use of Geneseo Communications Internet Services constitutes Customer acceptance of Terms and Conditions.
- Customer is responsible for all local or long-distance telephone charges for connecting directly to Geneseo Communications Internet Services or indirectly via an intermediate access provider.
- Customer agrees to pay Geneseo Communications Internet Services all charges relating to use of Customer’s Account(s).
- Sales and use taxes, and all other applicable taxes and levies which are applicable to the provision of services shall be borne by Customer, regardless of whom the taxes and levies are or were imposed upon.
- Geneseo Communications Internet Services reserves the right to change prices on 30 days’ notice.
- All invoices are due upon receipt and payable within thirty (30) days unless other arrangements have been made in advance.
- Geneseo Communications Internet Services reserves the right to suspend access to service for Customer’s Account(s) upon an indication of credit problems including delinquent payments. A reconnection charge will apply after payment of any outstanding balance.
- Information available on Geneseo Communications Internet Services is the property of Geneseo Communications Internet Services. Customer shall not redistribute, reproduce, or commercially exploit such information without express written permission of its owner.
- Customer submitting information owned by Customer for publication on Geneseo Communications Internet Services grants Geneseo Communications Internet Services non-exclusive permission to distribute the information product worldwide. Customer retains all rights Customer may have to such information.
Geneseo Communications Internet Services are provided on an “as is, as available” basis. Geneseo Communications Internet Services disclaims any and all warranties with regard to the services (whether express or implied), including without limitation
- any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, infringement or title
- any warranty of quality, functionality, operability, use or performance of the services
- any warranty of the accuracy, completeness or validity of the data or information communicated through the services
- any warranty of the continuous availability of the services, or that the services will be uninterrupted or error free.
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
Under no circumstances and under no legal theory (whether tort, contract or otherwise) shall Geneseo Communications Internet Services be liable for any indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for business interruption, computer failure or malfunction, loss of profits, goodwill or information, or any other pecuniary loss or damage) arising out of or relating to Geneseo Communications Internet Services (including, without limitation, use or inability to use the services), even if Geneseo Communications Internet Services has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
Under no circumstances shall Geneseo Communications Internet Services cumulative liability to customer exceed the service charges paid by customer to Geneseo Communications Internet Services for the services during the six (6) months immediately preceding the event for which liability is claimed.
- Geneseo Communications Internet Services is not responsible for any damages or injuries arising from Customers use of Geneseo Communications Internet Services or inability to use Geneseo Communications Internet Services.
- Geneseo Communications Internet Services is not responsible for undelivered e-mail. There is no guarantee of message receipt or delivery. Return receipts may be requested, but there is no guarantee that the recipients e-mail system will honor such requests.
- Geneseo Communications Internet Services is not obligated to store the contents of Customer’s e-mail messages and is not obligated to produce copies of e-mail messages to Customer.
- Geneseo Communications Internet Services is not responsible for Customer’s personal files residing on Geneseo Communications Internet Services system. Customer is responsible for independent backup of all such data. If Customer exceeds the published space limitation for personal files (Web space, e-mail, FTP, etc.), Geneseo Communications Internet Services will notify the Customer via e-mail to reduce the file storage space. If Customer fails to reduce the storage space within the specified time period, Geneseo Communications Internet Services reserves the right to delete files from the Customer’s personal space without further notice.
- Customer is hereby warned that some sites accessible via Geneseo Communications Internet Services allow posting, viewing, retrieval, and/or electronic mailing of materials that may be considered obscene, offensive, inaccurate, incomplete, defamatory, harmful or objectionable. Geneseo Communications Internet Services is not responsible for Customer’s inadvertent or deliberate access to such material and cannot prevent access of such materials.
- Geneseo Communications Internet Services reserves the right to change its services without notice including but not limited to access procedures, hours of operation, menu structures, commands, documentation, and services offered.
- Geneseo Communications Internet Services reserves the right to delete Customer’s personal files which have not been accessed for more than one (1) month.
- Customer understands that Geneseo Communications Internet Services may be interrupted for several reasons, including but not limited to malfunctions, maintenance, improvement or as required to protect network resources in the event of malfunctions or misuse. Customer understands that it may not receive advance notification of any such interruption of service.
- Geneseo Communications Internet Services shall not be liable for any delay in or failure to perform the services caused by circumstances entirely beyond its control such as those occasioned by acts of God or other causes or which it could not have reasonably foreseen or any other cause which similarly impedes the providing of service.
- Geneseo Communications Internet Services reserves the right in its sole discretion to delete any information entered into Geneseo Communications Internet Services computer systems by Customer. Geneseo Communications Internet Services and its authorized representatives shall have the right, but shall not be obligated, to edit publicly viewable information.
- Customer hereby agrees that any material submitted for publication on Geneseo Communications Internet Services through Customer’s Account(s) does not violate or infringe upon any copyright, trademark, patent, statutory, common law or proprietary rights of others, or contain anything obscene, objectionable, or libelous.
- Geneseo Communications Internet Services, at its sole judgment, may immediately suspend Customer’s access to the service upon any breach of any of the Terms and Conditions by Customer, including, but not limited to, refusal or failure to pay for services provided or disruptive online behavior.
- Geneseo Communications Internet Services reserves the right to terminate access to service for any Customer Account(s) which have been inactive for six (6) months or longer.
- Geneseo Communications Internet Services may modify these Terms and Conditions at any time.
The following disclosure describes the network practices, performance characteristics and commercial terms for Geneseo Communications and its subsidiaries pursuant to the Federal Communications Commission’s Open Internet Transparency requirements.
Network Management Practices
I. Congestion Management and Application‐Specific Behavior
Geneseo Communications does not block, throttle, shape, limit, prioritize, or control individual internet usage except in cases of abuse mitigation. Geneseo Communications adheres to guidelines set forth by Congress and the FCC for network openness and interconnection. All Geneseo Communications consumers are able to access the lawful internet content of their choice under nondiscriminatory provisions. Geneseo Communications does not use traffic shaping equipment except in cases of abuse mitigation. No traffic shaping equipment is used to discriminate against nor preclude any legal use of other provider equipment or services.
II. Device Attachment Rules
Any standard computer or internet access device is permitted to the extent it does not cause a degradation of internet traffic within the network or to others. Geneseo Communications reserves the right to set additional standards and rules as warranted.
Security measures that would monitor end user real time usage have not been adopted. It is the responsibility of the end user to monitor their usage and adopt safe practices that they deem necessary to protect any unauthorized access to their personal files and information. Geneseo Communications does employ internal security measures to monitor aggregate internet usage to avoid a degradation of its IP network and performance. In order to protect our customers, Geneseo Communications may block ports that are known to be used for DDOS/DOS, virus and other malicious activities, or to steal a user’s information.
I. Service Description
Geneseo Communications Internet service is provided as a “best effort” service, and we have provisioned your service to meet the maximum speeds as advertised. However, internet usage can be affected by many variables across multiple networks, and the usage that customers experience may be lower than the maximum speed it is provisioned for. Speeds listed are “up to” a specific level based on the service to which a customer subscribes. The actual speed that a customer will experience while using the internet depends upon a variety of conditions, many of which are beyond the control of an internet service provider. These conditions include but are not limited to:
- Performance of a customer’s computer, including its age, processing capability, its operating system, the number of applications running simultaneously, and the presence of any malicious software such as but not limited to malware and viruses
- Type of connection between a customer’s computer and modem. For example, wireless connections may be slower than direct connections into a router or modem. Wireless connections also may be subject to greater fluctuations and interference
- The distance packets travel between a customer’s computer and its final destination on the Internet, including the number and quality of the networks of various operators in the transmission
- Congestion or high usage levels at the website or destination. If a large number of visitors are accessing a site or particular destination at the same time, your connection will be affected if the site or destination does not have sufficient capacity to serve all of the visitors
- The performance of the customer’s modem/router
It is Geneseo Communications intent to provide network performance at 90% of advertised speeds, 90% of the time. You may test your actual speed at any time by going to the following link: http://geneseo.speedtestcustom.com . Individual internet data services are described in additional detail in the “Internet” section of this webpage.
Performance Characteristics ‐ Speed
|Service||Technology||Advertised Speeds||Actual Speeds Average|
|2 Mbps||ADSL/VDSL||2 Mbps Download, 1 Mbps Upload||2.15 Mbps Download, 1.28 Mbps Upload|
|4 Mbps||ADSL/VDSL||4 Mbps Download, 1 Mbps Upload||4.15 Mbps Download, 1.28 Mbps Upload|
|10 Mbps||ADSL/VDSL||10 Mbps Download, 1 Mbps Upload||10.06 Mbps Download, 1.28 Mbps Upload|
|16 Mbps||ADSL/VDSL||16 Mbps Download, 1 Mbps Upload||15.88 Mbps Download, 1.28 Mbps Upload|
|24 Mbps||ADSL/VDSL||24 Mbps Download, 1 Mbps Upload||23.89 Mbps Download, 1.28 Mbps Upload|
|25 Mbps||Fiber to the Home||25 Mbps Download, 25 Mbps Upload||24.76 Mbps Download, 25.31 Mbps Upload|
|50 Mbps||Fiber to the Home||50 Mbps Download, 50 Mbps Upload||49.76 Mbps Download, 50.31 Mbps Upload|
|80 Mbps||Fiber to the Home||80 Mbps Download, 80 Mbps Upload||79.75 Mbps Download, 80.88 Mbps Upload|
|100 Mbps||Fiber to the Home||100 Mbps Download, 100 Mbps Upload||99.79 Mbps Download, 100.11 Mbps Upload|
|250 Mbps||Fiber to the Home||250 Mbps Download, 250 Mbps Upload||249.72 Mbps Download, 250.10 Mbps Upload|
|1000 Mbps||Fiber to the Home||1000 Mbps Download, 1000 Mbps Upload||999.86 Mbps Download, 1000.89 Mbps Upload|
Performance Characteristics – Latency /Packet Loss
|Service||Technology||Advertised Speeds||Expected Latency||Actual Average Latency||Expected Packet Loss||Actual Average Packet Loss|
|2 Mbps||ADSL/VDSL||2 Mbps Download, 1 Mbps Upload||50 ms||29 ms||1% or less||Less than 1%|
|4 Mbps||ADSL/VDSL||4 Mbps Download, 1 Mbps Upload||50 ms||29 ms||1% or less||Less than 1%|
|10 Mbps||ADSL/VDSL||10 Mbps Download, 1 Mbps Upload||50 ms||29.33 ms||1% or less||Less than 1%|
|16 Mbps||ADSL/VDSL||16 Mbps Download, 1 Mbps Upload||50 ms||28 ms||1% or less||Less than 1%|
|25 Mbps||ADSL/VDSL||25 Mbps Download, 1 Mbps Upload||50 ms||28.67 ms||1% or less||Less than 1%|
|25 Mbps||Fiber to the Home||25 Mbps Download, 25 Mbps Upload||20 ms||10.01 ms||1% or less||Less than 1%|
|50 Mbps||Fiber to the Home||50 Mbps Download, 50 Mbps Upload||20 ms||10.67 ms||1% or less||Less than 1%|
|80 Mbps||Fiber to the Home||80 Mbps Download, 80 Mbps Upload||20 ms||8.67 ms||1% or less||Less than 1%|
|100 Mbps||Fiber to the Home||100 Mbps Download, 100 Mbps Upload||20 ms||8.67 ms||1% or less||Less than 1%|
|250 Mbps||Fiber to the Home||250 Mbps Download, 250 Mbps Upload||20 ms||7.33 ms||1% or less||Less than 1%|
|1000 Mbps||Fiber to the Home||1000 Mbps Download, 1000 Mbps Upload||20 ms||6.21 ms||1% or less||Less than 1%|
Please note that many speed check servers do not provide accurate results. Throughput and Latency measurements are an average of readings taken from our upstream providers.
II. Impact of Specialized Services
Geneseo Communications does offer specialized services such as VOIP. VOIP is provided over the same broadband connection as the high‐speed internet connection.
Individual internet data service pricing is listed in the “Bundles” and “Internet” sections of this website. A one‐time $30.00 connection fee is required to initiate new service for high-speed and/or Telephone service subscribers. In some cases, an upfront equipment and/or installation feemay also be required. A modem is required for Internet service. Customers may provide their own modem for copper delivered service or purchase one from Geneseo Communications. A Geneseo Communications Modem/Router is required for fiber delivered service. Modems available for purchase from Geneseo Communications are listed on our website. Modems purchased from Geneseo Communications have a one year ‘limited’ warranty from the date of purchase. Phone and electrical surge protectors are strongly suggested.
II. Privacy Policies
Geneseo Communications does not share any internet usage information with any outside agency, including copyright holders or their agents, or for other law enforcement or national security needs; unless requested by court subpoena or other lawful means.
III. Redress Options
You may call Customer Service/Repair at 1‐800.852.3611 if you have any questions or difficulties with your Geneseo Communications service.
NUMBER #1 Help make local phone and broadband service affordable.
LIFELINE is a program established to help pay the monthly charge for local telephone or broadband service. This federally funded program is available to qualified low income consumers. If the qualifying low income consumer voluntarily elects toll blocking while initiating LIFELINE service, a deposit is not required. LIFELINE will support stand-alone broadband service as well as bundled voice and data service packages. One benefit per household.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR THESE PROGRAMS?…To be eligible for either of these programs you must be a recipient of one of the following: SNAP, Medicaid, Veterans Pension, Supplemental Security Income (SSI), HUD Federal Public Housing Assistance, Tribal, along with income-based eligibility.
WHERE CAN I APPLY FOR THE LIFELINE PROGRAMS?….For additional information or enrollment, contact our business office at 309-944-2103 or 1-800-852-3611
HOW CAN I HELP?… UTSAP (Universal Telephone Service Assistance Program) was created in February 1993 to help low income households in Illinois obtain phone service. UTSAP is administered by the Universal Telephone Assistance Corporation (UTAC), a not-for-profit corporation consisting of all local telephone companies in Illinois. Since March, 1993, UTAC has been soliciting voluntary contributions to support UTSAP. With your help, UTAC can continue to provide assistance to low income households. Contact our office at 309-944-2103 or 800-852-3611, or send a one time contribution directly to UTAC
NUMBER #2. Your Billing Rights and Responsibilities.
Your phone company is committed to following the rules set by the Illinois Commerce Commission (ICC) in its delivery of service, billing and guidelines for payments. Copies of these rules are available from the ICC.
ESTABLISHING SERVICE-To begin service, contact us at 309-944-2103 or 1-800-852-3611. Please be prepared to provide the following information: Your full name and street address where you want service, including apartment number if you have one. How you would like your name listed in the next edition of the telephone directory. Credit information including employment or sources of income.
New basic local exchange service must be installed within 5 business days unless otherwise requested by the customer. If this standard is not met, the customer will be given a credit equal to the normal installation charge. If this standard is not met by the 10th business day following the original installation date, the customer will be given a credit equal to 100% of the normal installation charge.
Credit and Deposit Information: We have the right to charge a deposit under the following conditions: if you cannot provide satisfactory credit information, if you failed to pay a prior bill with us, if you have not previously had a service in your name.
Billing: Telephone bills are issued monthly and are due within 21 days from the billing date.
Service Interruption Credit: If basic local exchange service has been interrupted and remains out for more than 24 hours after we receive notice, we will make an appropriate adjustment. Adjustments are based on the number of days a customer is out of basic local exchange service.
Bill Payment: If within any 12 month period we receive more than 2 payments returned for non sufficient funds, we may place you on a cash-only payment basis.
Termination of Service: We have the right to terminate service for any of the following: Nonpayment of a bill, Nonpayment of a deposit or refusal to pay increased amount, Default on a deferred payment agreement, Not allowing telephone company employees access to company owned equipment after they have made a request to do so. If we disconnect your service, we will mail a Final Notice before service is shut off.
Exemptions: Neither the rules nor credits listed in this section apply if the violation of a service quality standard occurs as a result of: Negligent or willful acts of the consumer, A malfunction of customer owned telephone equipment or inside wiring, whether or not the customer has an inside wire maintenance plan, An emergency situation, The inability to gain access to customers premise due to customer missing the appointment, A customer request to change an already scheduled appointment, The customer refusing repair staff access to premises, The lack of facilities at a geographically remote location.
Dispute Resolution: If you have a question about your bill, please contact us. If a solution is not satisfactory, you have the right to contact the ICC’S Consumer Services Division.
Formal Complaints: If we are unable to reach an agreement with you on a disputed issue, you have the right to file a complaint with the ICC.
Scheduled Appointments: If we fail to meet a scheduled appointment for installation or repair of basic local service, a $50 credit per missed appointment will be issued. It does not apply if the telephone company gives the consumer ICC defined notice of the inability to keep the appointment, regardless of reason. Additionally, should the service technicians meet a scheduled appointment but the customer is not available or unwilling to accept service, a $50 service charge will apply. This charge does not apply if the customer gives the telephone company 24 hour notice of their inability to keep the scheduled appointment.
NUMBER #3 FEDERAL UNIVERSAL SERVICE CHARGE…The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) mandates all telecommunications carriers to pay into a federal program called the Universal Service Fund (USF). This fund helps provide affordable telecommunications services for low income customers and for customers living in rural areas that are expensive to serve. It also provides discounts on Internet access for eligible schools, libraries, and rural health care providers.
The USF is collected from telecommunications carriers and administered by the Universal Service Administration Corporation. They are responsible for disbursing the funds according to eligibility criteria established by the FCC.
Every telecommunications carrier in the industry must contribute to the USF. Like other carriers, we recover our USF contributions from customers. The recovery charges, listed on your bill as Federal Universal Service Charge, enable us to recover your USF expenses and are intended to simply cover our costs.
The FCC requires all carriers that recover their contributions from customers with line item charges to use the FCC’s prescribed contribution factor. As a result, we compute these charges using the FCC’s factor. The FCC may change the contribution factor quarterly.
NUMBER #4 LEARN HOW YOU CAN HELP ELIMINATE THE DIGITAL DIVIDE… The Digital Divide Elimination Fund Program is created as a special fund in the State Treasury to enhance digital service. All money in the fund shall be used by the Commission to fund the construction of facilities within communities throughout Illinois. The Illinois Department of Commerce and Community Affairs will issue grants to various communities based upon their needs.
NUMBER# 5 DO-NOT-CALL REGISTRY REDUCE TELEMARKETING CALLS…. You may register your residential number(s) free. You must call from the number you wish to register. Your number(s) will remain on the Do-Not-Call list for 5 years.
NUMBER #6 PAY-PER-CALL RESOLUTION…Pay per call charges apply to any completed call using an abbreviated dialing code such as 900 or 976 exchange codes. The caller pays a per call or per time interval charge in addition to the charge for transmission of the call.
YOU HAVE 60 DAYS from the date on the bill to dispute a pay per call billing error. You have the right to withhold payment of the disputed charge during billing error review. No collection activity for disputed pay per call charges will occur while the charges are under investigation. After investigation, if it is determined that the disputed charges are legitimate, your telecommunications carrier or the information provider may proceed with outside collections against your account for non-payment of these charges.
YOUR LOCAL AND LONG DISTANCE services cannot be disconnected for non payment of these charges. Failure to pay legitimate pay-per-call charges may result in involuntary blocking of your access to these types of services.
VOLUNTARY BLOCKING of access to pay-per-call charges is available upon request from your local telephone company.
NUMBER #7 ILLINOIS RELAY SERVICE HELPS US COMMUNICATE…Reach out with relay…The Illinois Telecommunications Access Corporation (ITAC) administers and manages Illinois Relay on behalf of all local telephone companies in Illinois
Relay allows people who are deaf, hard of hearing or speech impaired and use a TTY to communicate with people who use standard telephones. A standard telephone user calling a TTY user and TTY user calling a standard telephone user, now has the option to dial a convenient three digit number, 711, to reach Illinois Relay instead of the traditional 800 numbers. Illinois Relay is available seven days a week, 24 hours a day. The relay operator speaks to the standard telephone user and types to the TTY user. There is no cost for the use of this service.
To save time in an emergency, callers should dial 9-1-1 or local emergency access numbers instead of placing the call through relay.
A small fee included in your monthly telephone service charge funds Illinois Relay and is required by state and federal law.
Geneseo Telephone Company
The Access Recovery Charge (ARC) is a recovery mechanism implemented and monitored by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC). Effective July 1, 2019, Geneseo Telephone Company has qualified to reduce this fee to $1.71 for all residential subscriber lines. Effective with your July 2019 bill the Local Service rate will increase $1.40 per month per residential subscriber line. This notice is mandated by the Illinois Commerce Commission (ICC) pursuant to section 13-504© of the Public Utility Act (PUA) of Illinois. All residential DSL (Digital Subscriber Line) services will increase by $3.00 per month.
Henry County Telephone Company
Henry County Telephone Company hereby gives notice to all customers that effective July 1, 2019, basic Local Service rates will increase $1.00 per month per residential and business subscriber line. This notice is mandated by the Illinois Commerce Commission (ICC) pursuant to section 13-504© of the Public Utility Act (PUA) of Illinois. All residential DSL (Digital Subscriber Line) services will increase by $3.00 per month.
Cambridge Telephone Company
Cambridge Telephone Company hereby gives notice to all customers that effective July 1, 2019, basic Local Service rates will increase $1.00 per month per residential and business subscriber line. This notice is mandated by the Illinois Commerce Commission (ICC) pursuant to section 13-504© of the Public Utility Act (PUA) of Illinois. All residential DSL (Digital Subscriber Line) services will increase by $3.00 per month.
Cambridge Telcom Services
Cambridge Telcom Services hereby gives notice to all customers that effective July 1, 2019, basic Local Service rates will increase $1.00 per month per residential and business subscriber line. This notice is mandated by the Illinois Commerce Commission (ICC) pursuant to section 13-504© of the Public Utility Act (PUA) of Illinois. All residential DSL (Digital Subscriber Line) services will increase by $3.00 per month.