Looking to Cut the Cord but Don’t Know Where to Start? Start Here!
Once your home is installed with reliable fiber internet from FiberMeFast, the time is finally right to cut the cord and leave cable tv in the dust. But while new technology can be exciting, it can sometimes seem a bit daunting, especially after years or decades of clinging to your cable connection.
So if you’re considering cutting the cord, where do you start? And how do you make sure you don’t lose access to your favorite channels, shows, movies, and sports in the process?
FiberMeFast makes it easy and convenient to cut the cord and enjoy all the streaming entertainment, news, and sports you love all—including live tv—in one simple FREE to use interface.
Let’s run through how to get started and learn how simple cutting the cord and switching to streaming can be!
So many streaming platforms, which one is right for me?
Our FREE Stream Tool makes it easy to put together a package of streaming apps you will enjoy watching and help save you money at the same time. It’s simply the fastest way to create your personalized bundle of entertainment options and find the right live TV streaming service for you. Follow along as we guide you through the tool.
To get started, take the survey. The survey leads you through several questions designed to build a package of streaming content most relevant to you and at the best price.
- First, the Tool asks you to describe your household and whether you live with other adults, have a family with children, or are on your own.
- It then asks for your zip code to offer local and regional channel options.
- The Tool then asks if you’d like to be able to record shows with its cloud-based DVR.
- Next, the Tool asks you to click on the streaming apps and services that you already have, like Netflix, Hulu, Disney etc.
- It then asks how you’ve been streaming up to this point, such as whether you’ve been using your Smart TV or Roku or Apple TV or similar service.
- It then asks if watching live sports is important to you or not.
- Finally, it provides a list of popular apps and channels and asks which of them are must-haves for you. There are dozens of choices, so add as many as you’d like, but remember, the fewer you select, the greater the savings. If you don’t see a channel listed that you really want, be sure to type its name in the search bar to see if it’s available. You can also search for a show you watch, and the tool will select the channel it’s on for you.
After you’ve completed the questions, our Free Streaming Tool calculates your results, and from billions of possible combinations, presents the best solution and plans for you based on your responses. You can also edit which channels you’ve selected to see if eliminating one or two can get you an even better deal!
The tool is impressively precise, telling you which plans have the highest percentages of the channels you wanted and the total package prices. It also presents a Great Value option, where in exchange for dropping a few channels, you can save even more money.
If you’re not ready to make a decision on the spot, you can put in your email to have your live TV streaming recommendations sent to you and saved on the Tool to go back to later.
Of course, you have the option to build your own bundle from scratch, creating it app-by-app, channel-by-channel. But the Find My Bundle Tool is a much faster and more efficient process.
Live TV Options Without the Cord
A common misconception is that if you cut the cord and switch to an all-streaming service, you’ll lose live TV and can only view on-demand content. Not true!
Indeed, our tool will recommend several options for accessing live TV without a cable connection or satellite dish. That means you can watch news in real time and enjoy live sports just like you did with cable.
After using the Find My Bundle tool to build your initial package, explore the live television options to add to your line-up. Our free tool’s powerful research capability presents useful information about all of them in one place, so you can compare and contrast their features, options, and prices.
For example, some providers limit the number of simultaneous viewers, and others provide a much larger cloud-based DVR for recording and keeping more shows and movies. You’ll usually pay more for extra features and services, so it’s important to learn about their pros and cons and think about what you’ll most likely need and use. Fortunately, our Free Streaming tool makes it easy to do exactly that!